Connect with us
WANT LATEST NEWS UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE? FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

News

Police begin investigation on alleged phone robberies in Anambra

Published

on

The Anambra State Police Command says it has begun investigation into allegations of rampant phone robberies in Awka metropolis.

The State Commissioner of Police, Aderemi Adeoye, told newsmen on Sunday that the Command was not taking any information for granted.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that a section of the media had reported that the robbers were targeting tricycle operators and pedestrians at spots in the night and dispossessing them of valuables including phones.

According to the CP, no such cases had been reported at the divisions or Command by either victims or eyewitnesses, adding that he had directed the Divisional Police Officers to conduct underground investigation to establish the veracity of the report.

READ ALSO  Police recruitment: Be wary of imposters – NPF warns candidates

The CP said the Police had put in place a proactive security strategy including deployment of plain clothed personnel to nip violence and crime in the capital city in the bud.

“We have been carrying out investigation to establish the claim because we are not leaving anything to chance but up till now we have not located any victim or eye witness.

“Those who know the victims should help inform them to come forward,” he said.

Adeoye called on the media to assist the command with fact-backed reports and eschew frivolous claims that could instill fear in the minds of residents.

READ ALSO  Passport: NIS boss orders investigation of alleged misconduct

He said Awka remained safe and that the Command would continue to work towards the security of all while residents are to be conscious and report suspicious development around them.

Trending