Addressing newsmen in Gusau, the State capital, Dauran explained that the common causes of fire outbreaks are the wrong usage of candles and cooking gas, which can consume the whole building.
“We have been advising people to always get fire fighting equipment in their homes so that they can handle the issue very easily”, he added.
According to him, the wrong usage of gas cookers mostly caused fire outbreaks.
He advised people to always ensure their cookers are off before going to bed or leaving their houses.
He also advised people to always turn off their electrical appliances before going to bed to avoid inferno.
He further stated that the state fire service personnel are always ready to mobilize immediately to the scene, saying that the Service is not revenue generation oriented, calling on Zamfara State residents to always have fire fighting equipment at their disposal.